If your energy bill is too high, but it doesn’t get warmer in your house, maybe the problem is with your old windows that are unable to keep the heat in. Why do you need to suffer from the cold and external noises, when you can easily find new, energy-efficient windows in Glasgow that suits all your needs? With double or triple glazed windows, the temperature in your home will increase significantly while and your energy bills should lower.
You need to replace the old window if:
* Your windows are obviously in poor condition (this includes cracked panels or glass, rotting frames when the window is not fully functional etc.). They are not only inefficient, but can also cause different humidity problems, cold spots, water leaks and much more! This is especially the case if the winter is coming on fast, or if you have small kids. Your windows always must be in good condition to keep the weather elements out.
* The old window poses safety problems like when the window doesn’t close or open correctly. Damaged, weak, and loose windows will require immediate replacement.
* You have cheap, poorly performing windows installed with unreliable frames, single-pane glass etc. You can click here to get more details.
What to look at when you are looking for a new window:
* How well it stops the noise from the street;
* The amount of sunlight that can travel through this glass.
* How well this window holds the heat inside the building.
* Air leakage around the window
3 key factors to consider when choosing energy efficient windows:
1. Reliable frame and glass
2. Design you like
3. Proper installation
If you want to buy the best windows in Glasgow choose the following:
* Multiple layers of seals (to keep moisture and noise out) and glass sheets (double or triple glazing);
* Low-E glass that allows the heat and light from the outside in, but significantly reduces the amount of heat that can get out of the house;
* Frame with a thermal break that reduces the heat loss up to 20% compared to the windows with usual aluminium frames and up to 40% compared to the wooden frames.
* If you chose the double-glazed window it’s better to fill the gap between the glass sheets with the gas filling than just air.
* Also, it’s better to choose spacers that are made of stainless steel or plastic.
Window Advice Centre can answer all your questions related to new windows in Glasgow. Visit them online for more information.